As previously mentioned you will notice some changes happening to Scooploop over the next few weeks and months. Do not panic; this will in no way affect how/what you currently use Scooploop for.
The first change you will notice is us renaming our groups as 'loops'. But this is not a cosmetic tweaking. We will be homing in on the 'loop' part of our name and branding Scooploop as the platform to 'Live in loops'.
Everything happening on Scooploop will happen in 'loops' as a core functionality. There will also be a strong emphasis on the local section with local loops coming into play a little bit further down the road.
Some other changes relating to making loops the base for Scooploop are detailed below.
- Users will be able to quickly set up as many loops as they want.
- There will be private loops - for close friends to interact.
- Loop moderators will gain many more configuration settings:
· Deciding what their members can and cannot do (e.g. closing a thread)
· Settings for admitting new users (e.g. requiring users to agree to T or allowing only sms-verified users)
· Deciding how blocking works per loop basis
· The ability to decide which extra widgets their given loop will have (e.g. events section, Q & A forms, etc)
· Boosting posts (also to other loops) and many more features
- Loops will also gain instant chat widgets
- Users will gain plenty of new notification and visibility settings.
During this process we will also be discontinuing certain features that are not in the spirit of loops. Such as Pages, or other features. Pages for example will still exist but will become a type of Loop, just with users having no ability to post things in these 'page loops'.
Those changes sound like a lot of work and they are. However the goal is to activate users by allowing moderators to brand their loops and therefore allowing users to pick and choose the most suitable loops for them.