Loop: Save The Planet

• https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/climate-change-protesters-clash-with-drivers-at-junction-off-m25/?fbclid=IwAR3n5FzF2Mew9Bn3FMiXLHC4sAV8GAkhJgQX-I8rvzvsgIupXLBD97QWDqs
    • I entirely support the improvement of insulation for our homes but there is no justification at all ..

• It could have been done more appropriately and creatively and less disruptively!!

• I'm not sure it could, @Kr...

. This group are calling for immediate and measurable actio..

• @Pe... I have a lot of sympathy for that view Peter!

• @Pe... Surely the fallacy in that argument is the assumption that action must be disruptive. Disrup..

• @Di... - Like what? Awareness of climate change as an issue has been around since the 1960s, hasn't..

• The disruptive actions happened on our stretch of the M25 (ie,very near me). Whilst I'm unsure about..

• @Bl... Well said @Bl...! They think it`ll all come good without them having to change their habi..

• @Bl... The suffrage movement didn't have any of the modern means of communication so instantly ava..

• @Di... - 'lazy'? 'easiest'? I can't think how either of these apply.

Ruling out petitions -- an e..

• I really dunno @Pe... Voting? But it`s a slow burner and we don`t have time. You vote for the party..

• @Pe... Simply following and joining in with someone else's silly idea is about as lazy (and easy) a..

• BBC news reported on Radio Four this morning that the woman amongst the instigators lives in a house..

• Wish I could have my walls insulated.

• Insulate Britain are a breakaway group from Extinction Rebellion. They are even more nutty.

Their b..

• @Bo... Well I just had mine done-half paid for by the Green Homes Grant. But -not much good if you c..

• @Mi... Or they could`ve set-to making it possible for anyone with health problems or other emerg..

• @Bo... Are your walls, like mine, solid rather than of cavity construction?

In a heavily-protected ..

• @Di... I've no idea, it's a council flat built about 1930s

• @Bo... Then it would be well worth getting an environmental assessment done of the flat - and the wh..

• I don't particularly condone this action on M25 but I do wonder whether these stories are relevant o..

• @Di... What do you mean we have to agree to disagree "as usual"? I thought we were all on the same ..

• @Mi... I sincerely doubt that this particular protest caused either of those incidents to happen..

• @Bl... I mean that people have different views on specific subjects, as this thread (amongst other..

• @Bl... Exactly regarding the incidents of people dying. To actually print something so “off the pl..

• @Bo... 1930 homes (like mine too) mostly had solid, single skin, brick walls with NO cavity as moder..

• @Kr... There's no way our council would agree to this, they would then be obliged to do it ..

• @Bo... That makes sense-you`re right about not keeping up with repairs-there was a programme about s..

• @Kr... it's badly in need of redecorating anyway but i have been putting it off as am on th..

• @Bo... You`ll wait another 5 if things stay the same!!

• I thought that actually blocking the motorway was a step too far. Not from an inconvenience point-of..

• I agree. Too dangerous and alienating.

• @Pe... Yes, I agree too.

• I changed my view on this action after reading an article that says............

"If we did what the..

• @Kr... L Was this what you meant to put in Anything!?!

• @Le... Yes. I thought it was in"Anything" and it`s obvs NOT!🤣 Oh well -less sparks!!

Even member..

• @Kr... I saw it in Anything

• @Bo... I thought I had too Boots. If you find the link before me do post it,plz. Maybe we`re thinkin..

• @Kr... There is a clear distinction to be drawn between the group's cause (which is admirab..

• @Kr... I'm sure i saw it in Anything last night but cannot find it today.

• @Di... I agree, i once belonged to an anti-vivisection group and wearing the tea shirts and badges,..

• I think the really important thing is that we don't start arguing among ourselves in this group! Let..

Loop Description

Save The Planet

This planet is dying and we are all acting too slowly. Thoughts, debates & suggestions on how we can act FAST and attempt to save the planet.

Popular Topics