• Selsey @Selsey Hayes - updated 4y

Windows 7

I use Windows 7 and support is ending in January. I don't mind admitting I'm now getting sleepless nights about the next step as I'm definitely not computer-minded, can just do the basics. Anyone from Kahuti will probably remember I've been down this road before and am still none the wiser.
    Windows don't think it's a good idea to install Windows 10 on an old machine. I currently use an HP Pavilion all-in-one which I'm very happy with and I'm not keen on laptops although I can see I may now have to buy one with W10 on it and bite the bullet.

My queries are:
    Do I put everything on Cloud (recommended) and, once I work out how to do it, will I be able to access it from any new computer I buy?
    Best and easiest way to back up what I have here (there is a DVD slot which has never worked no matter how many different discs I try to back up with). I do have a USB 3.00 Flash Drive - do they do the same thing.

Can I still get the 'favourites' which include saving accounts, internet banking and other things I use a lot?
    Or will everything have to be installed again.
    Will I be more confused if I try and run two computers side by side for a while?

Or should I get in the professionals.

Thoughts from anyone having the same problem much appreciated. (PS I'm ancient as you can probably work out).

I.T. Non-Techie help, information and tips

No advertising please. For the non-techie among us who may need a helping hand at times.