• James C @SuperFunGuy Mod Leaves Green - updated 2y

Recording artists A-Z quiz

Below are clues to the name of a recording artist which starts with the letter shown. How many can you identify? This is the name as it appears on the record label but disregarding “The”. Most of the clues have only one possible answer but otherwise you have to get the name I was thinking of. Some easy, others less so but W is definitely one for afficionados of the 4 Seasons. No use of reference material or the internet of course to ensure fair play. Good luck.

REMEMBER - NO POSTS instead you PM me with your guesses any time up to midnight tonight. If possible, please wait until you've completed all the guesses you want to make to avoid too many PMs and to make my job easier. So no hurry and it doesn't matter when you submit the answers because I'll be judging them solely on who has the most correct - and in the event of two or more being level it will be a tie. I hope this is clear and good luck. Tomorrow I’ll post the names of the top entries.

A. Popular current artist whose name sounds rather like a continental version of large auditorium

B. Born Peter Gene Hernandez in1985

C. His boomerang wouldn’t come back

D. Started out as a one man band in 1965

E. Had No. 1 hit with Stay another day in 1994

F. Old blue eyes

G. Made the original version of The greatest love of all

H. American singer, pianist, composer, actor, and television host who recorded the
    soundtrack for When Harry met Sally

I. Heavy metal group still going since 1975

J. Only act to have won the Eurovision song contest more than once

K. Won the 1997 Eurovision song contest

L. Had 1975 hit with the theme from Jaws

M. Heather Small fronted this group

N. American singer/composer who dropped his first name in the early 1970s
    onone single and then restored it

O. Came second on the X Factor in 2009

P. One half of what many consider to be the greatest pop duo of all time

Q. Had a No. 11 hit in 1974 with Now I’m here

R. First white artist to have a big hit in the UK charts on the Tamla Motown label (in 1968)

S. Started out under the name Tom & Jerry

T. Did the original version of My Girl

U. Jamaican town gave this group a hit

V. Much-loved British songstress who had lots of hits in the 50s

W. Frankie Valli and the 4 Seasons recorded under this name in 1965

X. Had No. 5 hit in 1982 with English Settlement

Y. Group that had first hit in 1967 then shortened their name to sound more adult

Z. 1960s group whose members included Rod Argent and Colin Blunstone

SuperFunGuy's Quizzes

A group specifically designed to offer enjoyable quizzes on many different subjects including identifying SuperFunGuy sketches and other drawings, pictures or photos of, for example, famous people when they were young, unusual things, animals, objects close up, etc. Any member who uses the loop to advertise goods or services will be instantly removed.