• James C @SuperFunGuy Mod Leaves Green - updated 3y

Great American Songbook quiz 1

Are you a fan of Ella Fitzgerald/Frank Sinatra (or even Rod Stewart in his crooner mode)? Below are the first lines of the lyrics of 20 well-known songs from the Great American Songbook. Without using reference material or the internet, of course, how many of the song titles can you guess?

REMEMBER the new method - NO POSTS instead you PM me with your guesses any time up to 8pm tonight. If possible, please wait until you've completed all the guesses you want to make to avoid too many PMs and to make my job easier. So no hurry and it doesn't matter when you submit the answers because I'll be judging them solely on who has the most correct - and in the event of two or more being level it will be a tie. I hope this is clear and good luck. Tomorrow I’ll post the names of the top three entries.

1. They call you lady luck

2. She's a fool and don't I know it

3. How much do I love you?

4. You must remember this

5. In olden days a glimpse of stocking

6. My story is much too sad to be told

7. Like the beat-beat-beat of the tom-tom

8. Birds’ do it, bees do it

9. At words poetic, I’m so pathetic

10. As Dorothy Parker once said to her boyfriend “fare thee well“

11. Summer journeys to Niagara and to other places

12. I’ve wined and dined on Mulligan stew

13. Though I know that we meet every night

14. You see a pair of laughing eyes

15. When somebody loves you

16. It seems we stood and talked like this before

17. And now the purple dust of twilight time

18. The bells are ringing

19. Someday when I’m awfully low

20. I’m gonna love you like nobody’s loved you

This discussion is now closed.

SuperFunGuy's Quizzes

A group specifically designed to offer enjoyable quizzes on many different subjects including identifying SuperFunGuy sketches and other drawings, pictures or photos of, for example, famous people when they were young, unusual things, animals, objects close up, etc. Any member who uses the loop to advertise goods or services will be instantly removed.