• James C @SuperFunGuy Mod Leaves Green - updated 10mo

General knowledge Quiz 6

Some general knowledge questions. How many can you guess? One guess per clue. No use of reference material or the internet of course to ensure fair play. Good luck.

REMEMBER - NO POSTS instead you PM me with your guesses any time up to 5AM tomorrow. If possible, please wait until you've completed all the guesses you want to make to avoid too many PMs and to make my job easier. So no hurry and it doesn't matter when you submit the answers because I'll be judging them solely on who has the most correct - and in the event of two or more being level it will be a tie. I hope this is clear and good luck. Tomorrow I’ll post the names of the top entries.

1. What large desert can be found in China and Mongolia?

2. What type of reference book lists synonyms?

3. It's the third largest city in South Africa, and its name rhymes with a type of headwear commonly worn in India. What is it?

4. Of which musical group is will.i.am a member?

5. Who starred as Bella Swan in the movie "Twilight"?

6. In what country was Nazi war criminal Adolf Eichmann hiding when Mossad agents captured him in 1960?

7. Which two rivers form the boundaries of Mesopotamia? (1 point for each)

8. What award is given to the World Cup's leading goal scorer?

9. According to the Bible, Jesus was born in Bethlehem. But what city did he grow up in?

10. Who was Henry VIII's second wife?

11. What singer is known as "The Godfather of Soul"?

12. In what activity can someone be "en pointe"?

13. What does "domo arigato" mean?

14. What sweetener is usually used in Diet Coke?

15. What major language sounds very similar to Urdu, but is written with a different script?

16. Of which country was Nefertiti the queen?

17. In what country did fortune cookies originate?

18. What power-up makes Mario temporarily invincible?

19. What type of number are 8, 27, 64, and 125? (two word answer needed)

20. What kind of animal is a yapok – mammal, bird, fish or reptile?

SuperFunGuy's Quizzes

A group specifically designed to offer enjoyable quizzes on many different subjects including identifying SuperFunGuy sketches and other drawings, pictures or photos of, for example, famous people when they were young, unusual things, animals, objects close up, etc. Any member who uses the loop to advertise goods or services will be instantly removed.