• James C @SuperFunGuy Mod Leaves Green - updated 10mo

General knowledge Quiz 4

Some general knowledge questions. How many can you guess? One guess per clue. No use of reference material or the internet of course to ensure fair play. Good luck.

REMEMBER - NO POSTS instead you PM me with your guesses any time up to 5AM tomorrow. If possible, please wait until you've completed all the guesses you want to make to avoid too many PMs and to make my job easier. So no hurry and it doesn't matter when you submit the answers because I'll be judging them solely on who has the most correct - and in the event of two or more being level it will be a tie. I hope this is clear and good luck. Tomorrow I’ll post the names of the top entries.

1. What city hosted the first summer Olympics of the 21st Century?

2. Throughout most of the Harry Potter books, who was the headmaster at Hogwarts (both names needed)?

3. If you are born on August 1st, what is your sign?

4. What was Mumbai formerly called?

5. Which is the longest country in the world that is not more than 380km at its widest point?

6. In the original Super Mario Brothers, who is Mario's enemy?

7. Which country won the first Eurovision song contest in 1956?

8. What is another name for D sharp?

9. Who wrote "Les Misérables"?

10. What world leader was born as Jorge Mario Bergoglio in 1936 in Buenos Aires?

11. What landmark is also known as Ayers Rock?

12. Which province lies on British Columbia's eastern border?

13. What major city has initials HCMC?

14. Besides the sun, which star appears brightest from Earth?

15. If something is "prêt-à-porter" then what can you do with it right away?

16. Many cities in Germany have a U-Bahn. What is a U-Bahn?

17. What are the two "observer states" of the UN that are not full members?

18. What does a mixologist make?

19. In what sport was Nadia Comăneci "perfect"?

20. Is a Grison a mammal, bird, fish or reptile?

SuperFunGuy's Quizzes

A group specifically designed to offer enjoyable quizzes on many different subjects including identifying SuperFunGuy sketches and other drawings, pictures or photos of, for example, famous people when they were young, unusual things, animals, objects close up, etc. Any member who uses the loop to advertise goods or services will be instantly removed.