• James C @SuperFunGuy Mod Leaves Green - updated 5mo

General knowledge Quiz 16

Some more general knowledge questions. How many can you guess? One guess per clue. No use of reference material or the internet of course to ensure fair play. Good luck.

REMEMBER - NO POSTS instead you PM me with your guesses any time up to 5AM tomorrow. If possible, please wait until you've completed all the guesses you want to make to avoid too many PMs and to make my job easier. So no hurry and it doesn't matter when you submit the answers because I'll be judging them solely on who has the most correct - and in the event of two or more being level it will be a tie. I hope this is clear and good luck. Tomorrow I’ll post the names of the top entries.

1. How was Edward Teach better known?

2. What is the capital of Croatia?

3. What is the colour between blue and green on the visible spectrum of light?

4. What internet service popularized #hashtags?

5. What is the plural of radius?

6. What are the four US States which all meet at a right angle corner? All 4 needed for the point.

7. What novel introduced the phrase "Big Brother is Watching You"?

8. What is the purpose of the 3,488 mile fence surrounding Australia’s south-east?

9. Pakistan is one of the two countries with the highest population of people from the Pashtun ethnic group. What is the other country?

10. What is the term used in the USA for a stag night?

11. What does someone become when they are canonised?

12. How many white keys are found on a typical piano?

13. In what country would you find Mount Ararat?

14. What type of fish is sometimes caught by "noodling" - sticking one's hand into a hole and waiting for the fish to bite?

15. In what body of water is the Island of Elba situated?

16. What organ of the body stores blood, removes old blood cells, and filters iron?

17. What book by Michael Crichton was turned into the highest-grossing movie of 1993?

18. During their 40 years in the desert, what did the Israelites eat?

19. The Hoover Dam is built on which river?

20. What is a bandolier designed to hold?

SuperFunGuy's Quizzes

A group specifically designed to offer enjoyable quizzes on many different subjects including identifying SuperFunGuy sketches and other drawings, pictures or photos of, for example, famous people when they were young, unusual things, animals, objects close up, etc. Any member who uses the loop to advertise goods or services will be instantly removed.