• James C @SuperFunGuy Mod Leaves Green - updated 5mo

General knowledge Quiz 15

Some more general knowledge questions. How many can you guess? One guess per clue. No use of reference material or the internet of course to ensure fair play. Good luck.

REMEMBER - NO POSTS instead you PM me with your guesses any time up to 5AM tomorrow. If possible, please wait until you've completed all the guesses you want to make to avoid too many PMs and to make my job easier. So no hurry and it doesn't matter when you submit the answers because I'll be judging them solely on who has the most correct - and in the event of two or more being level it will be a tie. I hope this is clear and good luck. Tomorrow I’ll post the names of the top entries.

1. What makes bread rise?

2. What country do potoroos come from?

3. What is the biggest island in the United States?

4. What is the capital of Paraguay?

5. What is the branch of medicine or social science dealing with the health and care of old people?

6. What band recorded the studio album "The Dark Side of the Moon"?

7. What creature's irresistible calls was Odysseus able to safely hear by having himself lashed to the mast of his ship?

8. Who is next in line to assume the US Presidency after the President and Vice President?

9. Which sign of the zodiac applies to a person born on Xmas Day?

10. What is the largest lake in Africa by surface area?

11. Which US State has a union jack in its flag

12. Who starred in and directed the film ”The Rookie” in 1990"?

13. What book's sequels include "A Storm of Swords" and "A Dance With Dragons"?

14. What period came before the Jurassic?

15. What Otis Redding song was covered by Aretha Franklin and became her first UK hit in 1967?

16. What Marvel villain is known for being able to control metal?

17. What major city is near the confluence of the Missouri and Mississippi rivers?

18. What is the fax in fax machine short for?

19. What modern country contains most of the ancient region of Nubia?

20. What art movement did Jackson Pollock belong to?

21. What kind of animal is a Wobbegong- mammal, bird, fish, reptile or amphibian?

SuperFunGuy's Quizzes

A group specifically designed to offer enjoyable quizzes on many different subjects including identifying SuperFunGuy sketches and other drawings, pictures or photos of, for example, famous people when they were young, unusual things, animals, objects close up, etc. Any member who uses the loop to advertise goods or services will be instantly removed.