• James C @SuperFunGuy Mod Leaves Green - updated 8mo

General knowledge Quiz 10

Some general knowledge questions. How many can you guess? One guess per clue. No use of reference material or the internet of course to ensure fair play. Good luck.

REMEMBER - NO POSTS instead you PM me with your guesses any time up to 5AM tomorrow. If possible, please wait until you've completed all the guesses you want to make to avoid too many PMs and to make my job easier. So no hurry and it doesn't matter when you submit the answers because I'll be judging them solely on who has the most correct - and in the event of two or more being level it will be a tie. I hope this is clear and good luck. Tomorrow I’ll post the names of the top entries.

1. For what does the C in UNESCO stand?

2. In which region of Spain did Gazpacho originate?

3. By weight and value, what is the most commonly grown crop in the United States?

4. What is the heaviest internal human organ?

5. What term refers to a luxurious apartment on the top floor of a tall building?

6. What is the main ingredient in hummus?

7. What country, despite having a population of just 5.5 million, has won more Winter Olympics medals than any other?

8, Which US State is known as the Garden State?

9. What book is about an English aristocrat named Viscount Greystoke ?

10. What is the easternmost major city in Australia?

11. What comes in Pillbox and Panama varieties?

12. What is the first name of actresses McAdams and Weisz?

13. What is the modern birthstone for the month of July?

14. What country's capital is Ulaanbaatar?

15. How many UK counties start with the letter S

16. What element has the symbol Sn?

17. Which ancient city-state was ruled by King Leonidas?

18. What is the main constituent of white sugar?

19. In what city do the movies "Robocop" and "Gran Torino" take place?

20. Whose wife was turned into a pillar of salt?

SuperFunGuy's Quizzes

A group specifically designed to offer enjoyable quizzes on many different subjects including identifying SuperFunGuy sketches and other drawings, pictures or photos of, for example, famous people when they were young, unusual things, animals, objects close up, etc. Any member who uses the loop to advertise goods or services will be instantly removed.