• James C @SuperFunGuy Mod Leaves Green - updated 2y

General knowledge quiz 1

Some general knowledge questions - how many can you get? Some easy, others less so. No use of reference material or the internet of course to ensure fair play. Good luck.

REMEMBER - NO POSTS instead you PM me with your guesses any time up to midnight tonight. If possible, please wait until you've completed all the guesses you want to make to avoid too many PMs and to make my job easier. So no hurry and it doesn't matter when you submit the answers because I'll be judging them solely on who has the most correct - and in the event of two or more being level it will be a tie. I hope this is clear and good luck. Tomorrow I’ll post the names of the top entries.

1. What is bull ring in Spanish?

2. What is the capital of the Philippines?

3. Mahatma Ghandi died in 1948, having never won the Nobel Peace Prize – but what was his first name

4. What element has the symbol Pb?

5. Who was John Lennon's 1st wife?

6. The West Bank is one Palestinian territory. What is the other one?

7. In what language was Catholic mass always delivered, until the 1960s?

8. What country built the Maginot Line to resist invasion from its eastern
    neighbour? (it didn't work)

9.Who are the best-selling Norwegian band of all time?

10. What city is bordered by the Golden Horn, the Bosphorus, and the Sea of Marmara?

11. What is the term for the smallest animal in a litter?

12. On what island would you find the city of Honolulu?

13. Two elements of the periodic table start with Z. One is zinc but what is the other?

14. Who said, of his son, "I want him to be Christened, but I don’t
    know into what religion yet"?

15. What is the nearest city to New York City that has a population over 10 million?

16. From where can you check out, but never leave?

17. What were Harvey, Irma, and Maria?

18. What former patent clerk was named Time Magazine's
    "Person of the Century" in 1999?

SuperFunGuy's Quizzes

A group specifically designed to offer enjoyable quizzes on many different subjects including identifying SuperFunGuy sketches and other drawings, pictures or photos of, for example, famous people when they were young, unusual things, animals, objects close up, etc. Any member who uses the loop to advertise goods or services will be instantly removed.