Loop: Scooploop Community Support

• Followers

This is rearing it's ugly head again, I'm afraid.

I received a notification on Friday evening (via email) that I was being followed by someone on here, with whom I have had very little contact/verbal exchange. We only mutually belong to Scoop's own Groups (ie, this one and your Tech Support) therefore, do not understand why he finds my meagre contributions so interesting. I managed to temporarily get rid of my follower (I don't like followers, find them creepy and stalker-ish). But within the hour, he had tried to follow me again, when I find no reason for him to have done so. I have now blocked him completely. This should not be necessary.

Could you please stop the 'Following Option' - it can be really intimidating. I think if someone wishes to 'Follow' someone, they need to ask permission first.

Thanks
    • This comment was deleted by its author.

1y
    • I wouldn't be happy about that either.

• How funny that MrSokPupitt finds my thread helpful, as he is the one who has been trying to follow m..

• totally agree absolutely disgusting shouldn't be allowed👍

• I had someone following me when I first joined, I removed them and then blocked them . I do feel the..

• Can blocked people still read one's posts?

1y
    • @Mi... Just what I was wondering.

• @Mi... I think blocking only stops someone from following or contacting you by PM, Catherine. ..

1y
    • here we go again paranoia.

1y
    • @Mr... - Paranoia?

Could you please give an example of my paranoia, and perhaps explain why y..

• girls i think it's best if you went back to your little private hovel of a group. and stop coming ou..

• Its actually funny this topic was brought up this very moment because we are working on some major c..

1y
    • @Sc... Thank you.

I hope this will also cover the intimidation aspect of the feature, as dis..

• @Mi... can you elaborate?

1y
    • @Bl... yes, a new options will cover that.

• bye bye girls go back to your group don't come crawling back out again, causing trouble.👋👋👋

• @Sc... is there a process to stop a follower?

I find it abhorrent and dangerous to allow a s..

1y
    • @Ve... dangerous??

you do realise you're on a community site on the internet and not in some back a..

• "Persons engaging in Internet trolling are immediately committing an offence under the Malicious Com..

1y

1y
    • Blodwen is one of my favorite Scooploop posters and it would be terrible if she was driven away by a..

• @Ve... @Mi... As Catherine says above, Vera - block the person or people following you, that's..

• @Al... you love me really 🤣

• @Al... Thank you, Alan - that's a really nice thing for you to say!

I asked the question, as I'm q..

• @Bl... scratch that itch.😁

• I have 2 more followers than friends - I know who one is but not the other one, I would have to make..

• Go on your profile and click followers, you should be able to see them listed

• @Bo... i had followers before i knew what followers were.

• I can but can't fathom who isn't a friend without doing the list

• it would be good if the list of followers had a friends symbol of some sort

1y
    • @An... i've just done that and found an interesting follower.

Sparhawk Brianm!!! 🤔

• @Mi... Ah, thanks, Catherine. That happened pretty quickly, then. Hopefully Scoop can tell fro..

• @Mr... Oh, I thought you were one and the same

• @Mr... Your only two followers do not include Sparhawk (BrianM)

1y

1y
    • @Bl... you just can't keep away from me can you.😘

• @Mr... Just trying to set the record straight, when you make false claims. It takes seconds to..

1y
    • @Mi... @An...

who's kahuti another alias?

• @Br... calm down mate.

why have you unfollowed me?

• I wonder who this is.......

1y
    • or this one........

1y
    • i would just like to say as an "anything" group member.

Clive is a good bloke, and a fair and truste..

• @An... what's he doing with his left hand? 😄

• @Mr... Lovely , I'm delighted for you - but what has that to do with the subject matter of thi..

• Scratching 😆

• @An... i hope that's all his doing! 😄

• @Mr... I couldn't possibly comment 😂

• @Mr... @An...

I consider this a serious subject - so with respect, could you possibly please ..

• @Bl... chill out and stop getting your knickers in a twist.

Christmas is around the corner and th..

• @Mi... Brian chucked me out of All Aboard before I even commented when we came over to ScoopLo..

• @Mr... Sok Puppit It was another social media a bit like Scoopy until they closed it. There were too ma..

• @Mr... Says the bully, the end subject of the thread!

You still haven't explained why you wan..

• @Cl... Could you please stick to the subject of the thread, which is unwanted followers? Thank you...

• @Cl... the same happened to me, he chucked me out for no reason too, but i consider it a god send.

1y
    • @Kr... never heard of Kahuti i think this one seems to be moderated well on the whole.

Wel..

• @Cl... Actually, whilst sticking to the subject of the thread, weren't you being an annoyance, in t..

• @Mi... who's Mr Suk Pupitt, a long lost cousin of mine? 🤣

1y
    • Followers and following , the biggest non-event of the year! a harmless facility used on many platfo..

1y

1y
    • Brian......I think you had better scan through your copious archives of what other people have said ..

1y
    • @Cl... "a harmless facility used on many platforms to help users 'follow' people they enjoy reading..

• So it's all assumptions then is it ?!! nothing concrete !! just a whole load of hot gas !!! and noth..

• @Cl... they are paranoid Clive. in their sleep and waking hours aliases. it's destroying them.

1y
    • @Mr... I have not called you an alias, Sok - I simply do not want followers. Any followers. Wh..

• @Br... just go back to your little group in exile and stop criticizing other groups.

the jealousy ..

1y
    • @Mi... i'm glad you enjoy my keep fit sessions, keep it up keep watching👍

• @Mr... Just another example of a shoddy mod harbouring bullies and their subliminal messages a..

1y

1y
    • @Mi... True!

1y
    • @Mi... Yes, I do remember that. And the grammar. And the punctuation. Shocking!

FYI MrSok - ..

1y
    • ........and so our resident superhero complete with his spandex catsuit, y-fronts and cape is firmly..

1y
    • @Cl... I guess if the question were to be answered, the hobby horse wouldn't be needed.

1y
    • @Br... your wrong brian "mate" it's not four but six aliases and we have infiltrated your inner san..

• I often use the word mate - it's just how I talk

• @Bo... it's ok boots they are just trying to act all superior just to put us down over our vocabular..

• @Mi... and for the record we do not live in a bedsit we live in a very warm and comfortable so..

1y
    • Right i'm off to have my pudding Spotted Dick and custard and watch the snooker night night.

• Who the hell is upvoting some of these ridiculous unfunny juvenile posts ?

• I think the idiot has multi aliases.

• @Al... but he can only vote once under that name so the others must be lying low. Notice there are n..

1y
    • Please, can we not go the usual route again? :) Scooploop is not Kahuti. Coming back to the post top..

1y
    • @Br... - they are not miracle workers, people must take some responsibility too.

• If anyone have a unanswered questions for us - please direct them to us via private message.

1y
    • Can anyone calling other members morons or other offensive terms please remove their comments above?..

1y

1y
    • @Br... who do you think you are, dictating to other members, who they may or may not interact with ..

• @ma... people with a sense of humour maybe?

• @Al... you haven't got a clue what's going on and you call me the idiot

1y
    • Why doesn't somebody just shut this thread down?

1y
    • That is true but hasn't the point of it rather been lost? A question was asked and never answered an..

• @Br... i'll let you go first why did you follow me and then abruptly unfollow me?

1y
    • @An... i think we are on some big brother internet experiment. 😄

• @Mr... More like the Teletubbies or Watch with Mother

1y
    • Sheila @An... This started as a serious post. We have learnt, from the post, how a certain person fee..

• That was quick, the comment admitting having multiple accounts and using them has been deleted by au..

• @Ve... I know how it started and I originally said I wouldn't like to be followed like that either. ..

1y
    • Yes, if only we all followed your advice!

1y
    • Am late to the party! Just read through this beast of a thread lol

I’m neither for nor against the ..

• @Da... Why do you have a 'lol' in your post? Beast of a Thread? Really?

I feel this is a serious su..

• @Bl... yes, beast of a thread as in a very LONG one, not as in subject matter.

I wasn’t aware tha..

• @Da... I didn't say you couldn't put a 'lol' in your comment, but I did say I thought it demeans the..

• @Bl... as I said , if my post annoys you skip past. I will write what I wish in my own post. I was..

• @Da... As this is a group for support from the Scoop team, then that is what I was asking for. I am ..

• @Bl... I can only reiterate again my suggestion to block if it is that troublesome to you. It seem..

• @Da... Funny, I hadn't thought of that. Oh, but hang on - I did say I had, in my opening post for th..

• @Bl... I thought with the new blocking that you and the person couldn’t see or talk?

• @Da... Yes, I thought that too - but it isn't working.

• @Da... I do not believe the new blocking facility is up and running yet. The new facility that was b..

• @Ro... thank you for explaining 🤝

• @Ro... Thank you, Robert - I didn't know you could do that!

• @Bl... Tomek explained it in the Scooploop tech group a few days ago.

• @Bl... the updated blocking facility now seems to have been activated as I have seen a comment tod..

• I'll be your guinea pig. Shall I follow you and then you block me? Or doesn't it work like that.

• @Se... you don't have to follow anyone to be blocked, that's a different facility, where you make y..

• @Ro... - as I don't follow or block, most of this is all double-dutch to me anyway. If I followed y..

• @Se... to be honest no idea . I haven’t been on here long enough myself to understand a lot of it. ..

• 'Following' is pointless. The 'Friend' thing also seems pretty pointless. What benefit does it have,..

• @Bl... the friends and follow functions overlap, if one is friend with someone, one automatically ..

• @An... Thank you, Antoinette

Scooploop Community Support

A loop for any community-related problems. Loop is run by Scooploop Team.

Loop Photos

Popular Topics