Desktop icon to turn off PC
1. Right-click in an empty space on the desktop, click NEW then SHORTCUT
2. Copy and paste into the text box the following: shutdown.exe -s -t 00
3. Click NEXT, then type SHUTDOWN in the text box, then click FINISH.
You can leave the icon that appears on your desktop as it is, or change it to show the power icon as follows:
1. Right-click the icon.
2. Click properties at the bottom.
3. Click 'Change icon' button, bottom middle.
4. Click OK in the box that appears.
5. Choose the red power icon, and click OK.
6. Click Apply and OK on the remaining widow.
You can now position the icon above the Windows Start icon on the taskbar.