• Derek R @DerekR Mod Iver Heath - 2y

Chiltern South Bucks Spring Rural Crime Update

Following the recent winter rural crime campaign there was a large uptake from the community in Chiltern & South Bucks for joining our Country Watch Scheme. The team focused on engaging with the rural community to make local farmers and other members aware of the Country Watch scheme to try and find a way to work together in making the community safer.

From reviewing local crime trends we found that large numbers of attacks on livestock were being reported. As a result of this we made the public aware of the issues faced by farmers and circulated out over 100 Cattle Grazing warning signs in our community.

For the spring campaign my aim is to get Country Watch members to review their security practices and ensure that they have strong security working procedures in place for their staff to follow. I have obtained some security marking anti-tamper stickers and will be looking to assist members in marking up their tools.
    I will be getting the local Neighbourhood teams to work with Country Watch Members and offer a security health check

For the summer campaign we will be advertising the Rural Spotters Scheme, to help the Police as the eyes and ears of the rural community and to help prevent rural crime, and training up new members. Please let me know if you are a horse rider and would be interested in joining the scheme.
    We will shortly be introducing What’s App on our area and I hope to have information by the next quarter about the roll out of this. This has proved a popular resource in the rural community elsewhere in keeping people updated of problems that are occurring.

Keeping people and property safe from harm is all of our responsibility and members of the public can help by being our eyes and ears in the community. By working together we can better protect our rural communities, bring offenders to justice and make Thames Valley a safer place to live, work and visit.
    It can be hard to know whether something is a crime and whether to contact the police or another charity or organisation. It is vital to report all crimes. We need information to target resources and develop intelligence. Tell us if you think an offence has or is about to be committed. If it is happening now, ring 999. If you have information that does not require an immediate response report it to Thames Valley Police online or by calling 101.

If you would like to become a Country Watch member please let me know.

PS 3675 Darren Walsh
    Amersham Police Station
    Message Sent By
    Darren Walsh (Police, Sgt, Amersham)

Iver Heath

Neighbourhood loop for Iver Heath, Buckinghamshire