• James C @SuperFunGuy Mod Leaves Green - updated 3y

American term for English words quiz

Here’s another (and the last I think) quiz which involves identifying the usual words used by Americans to denote the following words commonly used in England?
    No use of reference material or the internet, of course, to ensure fair play. Good luck.

REMEMBER - NO POSTS instead you PM me with your guesses any time up to midnight tonight. If possible, please wait until you've completed all the guesses you want to make to avoid too many PMs and to make my job easier. So no hurry and it doesn't matter when you submit the answers because I'll be judging them solely on who has the most correct - and in the event of two or more being level it will be a tie. I hope this is clear and good luck. Tomorrow I’ll post the names of the top entries.

1. bank holiday
    2. base rate
    3. caravan
    4. braces
    5. bill
    6. cooker
    7. dinner jacket
    8. draughts
    9. drawing pin
    10. dressing gown
    11. earth wire
    12. (to) fill in
    13. fringe
    14. garden
    15. gear lever
    16. indicator
    17. lay (the table)
    18. notice board
    19. number plate
    20. phone box
    21. spanner
    22. shop assistant
    23. tap
    24. taxi
    25. (College) term
    26. torch
    27. undertaker
    28. Charity shop

SuperFunGuy's Quizzes

A group specifically designed to offer enjoyable quizzes on many different subjects including identifying SuperFunGuy sketches and other drawings, pictures or photos of, for example, famous people when they were young, unusual things, animals, objects close up, etc. Any member who uses the loop to advertise goods or services will be instantly removed.