• James C @SuperFunGuy Mod Leaves Green - updated 1y

1960s quiz

The answers to the clues given below all relate to events or people from the 1960s. How many can you answer correctly? One guess per clue. No use of reference material or the internet of course to ensure fair play. Good luck.

REMEMBER - NO POSTS instead you PM me with your guesses any time up to 5am tomorrow. If possible, please wait until you've completed all the guesses you want to make to avoid too many PMs and to make my job easier. So no hurry and it doesn't matter when you submit the answers because I'll be judging them solely on who has the most correct - and in the event of two or more being level it will be a tie. I hope this is clear and good luck. Tomorrow I’ll post the names of the top entries.

1. In which year was Prince Edward born?

2. How many goals did England score in all the World Cup finals matches in 1966?

3. Which TV programme had the largest worldwide TV audience in the 1960s?

4. Who had an instrumental hit with a tune named for the birth of Prince Andrew?

5. In the song featured in "A Taste of Honey" The Big Ship Sails on the Alley-Alley-O - on what date does it sail?

6. What was the name of Mao's effort to purge traditional elements from Chinese society?

7. What capital city in central Europe had a "spring" that was crushed by Soviet tanks?

8. Who directed the BBC 1966 drama Cathy Come Home?

9. What country had massive student and worker protests in May of 1968?

10. Who was the first person to go into space?

11. Which country won the most gold medals at the 1964 Olympics in Rome?

12, What medical procedure was performed for the first time by Christian Barnard?

SuperFunGuy's Quizzes

A group specifically designed to offer enjoyable quizzes on many different subjects including identifying SuperFunGuy sketches and other drawings, pictures or photos of, for example, famous people when they were young, unusual things, animals, objects close up, etc. Any member who uses the loop to advertise goods or services will be instantly removed.