1930s quiz 2
REMEMBER - NO POSTS instead you PM me with your guesses any time up to 5am tomorrow. If possible, please wait until you've completed all the guesses you want to make to avoid too many PMs and to make my job easier. So no hurry and it doesn't matter when you submit the answers because I'll be judging them solely on who has the most correct - and in the event of two or more being level it will be a tie. I hope this is clear and good luck. Tomorrow I’ll post the names of the top entries.
1. What economic downturn lasted through most of the decade?
2. Which football club won the First Division championship 5 times in the 1930s?
3. Who painted "Guernica"?
4. Who formed the British Union of Fascists in 1932?
5, Which British political party was founded in 1934?
6. What country invaded Ethiopia?
7. In which year was Television first broadcast in Britain by the BBC?
8, What style of design was exemplified by the Empire State Building?
9. What book by John Steinbeck was about poor Okies looking for work in California?
10. What communist led his forces on the Long March?