1890s quiz 2
REMEMBER - NO POSTS instead you PM me with your guesses any time up to 5am tomorrow. If possible, please wait until you've completed all the guesses you want to make to avoid too many PMs and to make my job easier. So no hurry and it doesn't matter when you submit the answers because I'll be judging them solely on who has the most correct - and in the event of two or more being level it will be a tie. I hope this is clear and good luck. Tomorrow I’ll post the names of the top entries.
1. What famous hotel in Paris opened? (The only reason not to stay there was if you couldn't afford it)
2. Which famous canal was completed in 1893?
3. What future President led a group of soldiers called the Rough Riders?
4. Which bank caused a financial panic in 1890 due to by the need to guarantee its risky debts in Argentina?
5. To what Pacific island did Paul Gauguin move?
6. What composer wrote his most famous march, "The Stars and Stripes Forever"?
7. Who wrote "The Jungle Book"?
8. What type of radiation was discovered by Wilhelm Röntgen?
9. What crime was Frenchman Alfred Dreyfus accused of committing?
10. What gold rush happened in Canada?