Of all the seasons, perhaps the most romanticised and hotly anticipated is autumn. We expect orange-hued days spent snuggled under a blanket, and we look forward to wearing our favourite jumpers once again! With a sharp drop in temperature making us switch on the heating, the autumn weather can wreak havoc on any skin type. Here are our top 5 essential autumn beauty tips to see you and your skin through the change in seasons.
1. Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! To save your skin from becoming dull, lacklustre and dehydrated during the autumn months, up your exfoliation to twice a week.
2. Inject more moisture. Having a super-moisturising facial product in your arsenal really is one of the most important autumn beauty tips. Make sure you avoid any cosmetics that contain drying alcohol, as this synthetic nasty strips your skin of moisture and can cause it to become dry and itchy.
3. Choose natural lip care. Reach for a lip product that contains natural waxes, butter and oils to protect, nourish and repair damaged lips.
4. Help out your hands. Because the skin on your hands doesn't produce as much natural oil as the rest of your body, this area is much more prone to dryness, especially in colder weather. It’s time to give back to our hardest working body parts!
5. Get beautiful skin from within. Many of us still don’t drink enough water and this can cause skin to become dry and flaky. Drinking 2 litres of filtered water per day (8 x 250ml glasses) is an essential way to protect your skin from succumbing to autumn dullness.