• Tony L @TonyL Epsom - updated 4y

The Marsden March 2019

On Sunday March 10th I'll be taking part in the Marsden March, a 15 mile sponsored walk from the Marsden Hospital in Chelsea to the other Marsden Hospital in Sutton, passing along Fulham Road, down Putney High Street, over Wimbledon Common, on to Raynes Park, past King George's Playing Fields, across Nonsuch Park, past Nonsuch Mansion, through Cheam and Belmont to Sutton.

Since 2011 The Marsden March has raised more than ten million pounds with every penny going towards funding state-of-the-art equipment, ground-breaking research, and creating the very best patient care, improving the lives of everyone affected by cancer, in the UK and around the world. The total distance covered by the walkers each year is equivalent to someone walking two and a half times around the world.

The website of the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity gives a lot of detail about the march

https://www.royalmarsden.org/support-us/marsden-march

Over the years I've lost a lot of friends and relatives to assorted types of cancer, so I'd like to raise as much money as I can for the charity.

I took part in the Marsden March last year, completed the walk in just over four hours and raised £400 for the Marsden. I'd like to beat 4 hours and raise even more money in 2019.

Several of my friends on social media donated to my Marsden March 2018 fundraising and I hope that many of you will consider donating to my 2019 fundraising. So please dig deep and donate as much as you can to this fantastic cause.

If you’d like to sponsor me I've set up a just giving page at

www.justgiving.com/fundraising/TonyLangMarsdenMarch2019

Thanks in advance

Tony

Epsom

Neighbourhood loop for Epsom, Surrey