• Tony L @TonyL Epsom - updated 3y

Marsden March 2020

On Sunday May 3rd this year I'll be taking part in the Marsden March, a 15 mile sponsored walk to raise money for the Marsden cancer charity.

Several of my friends on Scooploop donated to my Marsden March 2018 and 2019 fundraising and I hope that many of you will consider donating to my 2020 fundraising.

The March starts near the near the Marsden Hospital in Chelsea and ends at the Marsden Hospital in Sutton, passing along Fulham Road, down Putney High Street, over Wimbledon Common, on to Raynes Park and through King George's Playing Fields. Then through Nonsuch Park and Belmont, to the hospital in Sutton.

Since 2011 the march has raised over 13 million pounds with every penny going towards funding state-of-the-art equipment, ground-breaking research, and creating the very best patient care.

This incredible amount has helped The Royal Marsden to revolutionise the diagnosis and treatment of cancer and improve the lives of people affected by cancer, across the UK and around the world.

This year the target is to raise £2 million for a very special cause - to help build the Oak Cancer Centre.

This brand-new centre in Sutton will help the Marsden to speed up the development of life-saving treatments and ensure they can be there for everyone who needs them.

The website of the Royal Marsden Cancer Charity gives a lot of detail about the march at

https://www.royalmarsden.org/support-us/marsden-march

This will be the third time I've taken part in the Marsden March. Last year I completed the walk in just over four hours and raised over £300 for the Marsden. This year I'd like to beat 4 hours and raise more money than last year.

I've set up a just giving page at:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/thebanhammarsdenmarch2020-tonylang

Over the years I've lost a lot of friends and relatives to assorted types of cancer, so I'd like to raise as much money as I can for the charity. So please dig deep and donate as much as you can to this fantastic cause.

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.

Anything !

An open Group where anything can be discussed by anybody, as long as you are polite, respect others opinions, and behave !!!