Community News

• Community News: Lockdown Diary Day 1: My first SMS from the Government

Citizen W @CitizenW Brixton updated 8 months ago

Didn't feel that different from the last ten days or so I stayed at home.

On the upside, it was the first time the government send me a text message. I did not reply though. Went for a run in the park in late afternoon (yes, this is permitted), there were at least a hundred people doing all kind of things.. #coronavirus #lockdown #covid19

• Can I ask whether you got that text because you are one of the 1.5 million at risk. (If that’s not t..

• @Ch... I do not think so, because two weeks ago when I felt rather ill the NHS told me I am not..

• I got one too, Charlotte, and I'm not in that 1.5 million category.

• @Ci... oh then there’s some confusion out there. As someone else on here mentioned they had a tex..

• @Ch... I think they asked providers to send it to everyone, peobably takes a day or so for all ..

• Sending to 'everyone'. I received mine this afternoon, but this evening at work all 10 of our handse..

• @Ci... , have you been working from home?

• Seems like my entire family have been missed . I think I have already got the message though 👍

• I too had one yesterday. I had just put on my shoes and, as I was putting on my coat, a text arrived..