• Niche @Niche Mod Palmers Green - updated 4y

Happy New Year & 2020 and a Warm Welcome to All the Newest Members

I've allowed myself to the end of January for saying HNY to all and one and one and all.

It's good to see many more members on this group.

Has anyone started edible garden preparation yet for this year?

I made a little attempt to see what I could grow from my collection of seeds and I was pleasantly surprised that I could do something in January if only indoors.

I have broad beans that can be put in the ground outdoors but it is too cold and wet, so I've decided to skip over it.

It'll lovely to hear what people are doing and I wonder if we perhaps swap seedlings and seeds and baby plants if people are living locally.

My allotment is in a bit of a state at the moment but I would be happy to share seeds, etc. (subject to growing success!) if people are able to travel to the North London area.

This year, I've decided to install a few bird boxes and a dedicated bird feeding and drinking (not alcohol) station on my allotment and more bee friendly flowers. I'm delighted to state I discovered frogs on my patch in the most unexpected places, so hopefully that will take care of the slugs and snails with the aid of the slow worms.

Oh, if you need any motivation, you can get started on sowing the following seeds, albeit indoors - shallot, onion, some tomatoes, aubergines and sweet peas.

Happy Gardening :-)

Allotment and Edible Gardening

This allotment and edible gardening group is to talk to like minded individuals about their experiences and plans, to exchange ideas, get advice, sharing of seeds, plugs, etc. - essentially, anything to do with allotment or edible gardening. I am also hoping we can meet up, perhaps in turns, at each other's plots. This group is open to anyone anywhere with an allotment or a keen interest in learning about allotment culture and edible gardening. As it is a relatively new group, we will also need to see how it evolves organically - very much my style of gardening, as chemical free and organic as possible :-) So far, so good ...do sign up, you'll be most welcome.