Although we strive to provide a safe and welcoming area for local communities to interact online, there is a chance you could come across someone who doesn’t stick to the rules. We’ve put together a few tips to help you stay safe and protected on Scooploop:
- Don’t share your contact details publicly. We have a private messaging service, which means you never have to share your telephone number, email address or home address publicly on Scooploop.
- Never share your bank details with anyone you don't know, even over private message. If you’re buying something from a neighbour, cash is best.
- If you see an unsavoury comment, please do report it to us. We do moderate the website and if anything posted doesn’t agree with our User Responsibilities, we will remove it.
- If a user is constantly adding comments you’d prefer not to see, you can mute them. This stops you from seeing anything they post. However, they will still be able to see your posts.
- You can also hide any post or event that you don’t want to see again. This will hide the post from your local activity newsfeed. You will still be able to find the post via the search at the top of the page, or on the user who wrote its profile.